Tuesday 29 July 2008

The Dark Knight

I always struggle to think up a good title for my blog post.
But as I saw the Dark Knight the other day, I thought I would write a small review on it.
It is amazing, and will easily be the film of the year in my eyes. It will go straight into my list of films that I really respect. It was quite a long film, but was worth sitting through it all. Credits do go to the main actors, who played Batman, The 2-Face man and especially the Joker, Heath Ledger was surely mesmerising. The film touched upon many different themes and triggered many thoughts. I'd advise you not to read on if you don't want spoilers.

The Joker had made it his mission to prove that everybody was corruptable. And this, he did to Harvey the district attorney, who was driven to the 'evil' side through the Joker's actions. The Joker didn't just relentlessly kill people, he tried to make everyone corrupt. It just makes you think, that everybody has a limit. A limit where you will go against your own beliefs and values, and follow a different route to get what needs to be achieved. Another scene where Bruce[Batman], knows where two of the captives are, Harvey and Rachel. Rachel is the person who he believes he will eventually be together with despite her relationship with Harvey. Bruce will go against his professional choice to go for Harvey the more important of the 2 captives and instead go for Rachel the girl he loves. That of course is wrong, but understandable - people will always go for the option which has more personal value, even though morally they should not.

Anyways go watch it, it truly is amazing and as many critics have said, it has redefined the comic book super hero film genre. 10/10. and not many films get that. only great films like mean girls, shawshank redemption, lion king, american gangster have recieved that rating from me. =p

Memory, I have always thought. What if you could erase parts of it, the parts that you didn't feel were worth remembering, due to the pain or whatever. I've always wished that this could happen, not particularly because I have had a painful past or bad memories, it's just that there are parts that I would rather forget, I know in due time I will eventually just forget that rubbish that I think I don't need. I always wonder about re-meeting people as well. Sure everybody has their friends now, but say if you forget how you met somebody and to start afresh. I know it would be really upsetting for the other person to realise that you had forgotten all the memories that they you had of them. But, apart from that wouldn't it be really interesting, to see if your relationship would turn out the same, surely your friend will remember the relationship you had before, but you would have to start from the beginning. I always have strange thoughts like this sometimes, these 'what ifs' that of course are not actually scientifically possible unless I had a crazy accident and fell into a coma. That's all.



No comments: